Apple LaserWriter ever work with the Apple Lisa?

From: Nigel Williams <nigel.d.williams_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:09:24 -0700 (PDT)

I posted this to cctalk, but realised it would be better here...so far from what I've been able to search out the answer is no, the Apple LaserWriter never worked with the Apple Lisa.

A colleague was adamant that the Apple LaserWriter worked with the Apple Lisa; my counter was I thought he was likely confusing his memory with the Mac XL which via Macworks and LocalTalk could use the LaserWriter drivers to print although more slowly due to the 3MHz speed difference (Mac XL at 5MHz, Macintosh Plus at 8Mhz).

I found some evidence in InfoWorld that states that the LaserWriter would not be supported on Lisa Office System 7/7.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=6i4EAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA13&ots=iH8F7zeaO_&dq=apple%20lisa%20with%20laserwriter&pg=PA13#v=onepage&q=apple%20lisa%20with%20laserwriter&f=false

short version: https://goo.gl/O1jokf

Anyone know different? would Lisa 7/7 been unable to support the LaserWriter due to other software limitations?

You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist ---