Re: Apple LaserWriter ever work with the Apple Lisa?

From: Lisa2.com <rick_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 21:49:04 -0700 (PDT)

While it is true that there was never an official LOS postscript driver, Ray is correct that making this work would be a trivial matter.  The ImageWriter emulator was part of the Apple 2gs software (/SYSTEM.MASTER/APPLETALK /IWEM) and is a simple ASCII text file you download into the printer, and rolling your own DWP emulator would be easy to do. The key here is that the LaserWriter/PostScript is powerful and flexible, allow you to do things that could never be done on other printers at the time (and still today).
Rick