Re: 4k Z8 microcontrollers for 10 meg profile formatting

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 09:36:15 -0400

Hi Patrick,

That's great news!

With regard to the binary images: what I see on bitsavers (in /pdf/apple/disk/profile/firmware
<http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/apple/disk/profile/firmware/>) are:

341-0080-B_bd4df30e9ea432a547295b26a2cc4d28.BIN 341-0080_e7fc6dd15fd0f0f7f57987a477a59164.BIN P10LLF_4.0_faa9b356819e4863b6415d43ce214975.BIN PRO10_Z8_RW_3d574129d0ea3757ff8827df3185daaa.BIN

It's hard to tell what's what. Just guessing, the last two seem to be for the 10MB ProFile; the first two are Apple part numbers, but I don't know any more than that. P10LLF must be the formatting ROM for the 10 MB disk; are any of these for formatting a 5 MB ProFile?

Do you have disassemblies or source code for these ROMs specifically on bitsavers?

On edit, it looks like images can be found here:

http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/Apple%20II%20Documentation%20Project/Peripherals/Hard%20Drives/Apple%20ProFile/ROM%20Images/

and some further discussion is here:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/archive/index.php/t-37448.html

Thanks,