Announcing X-List about OS X

From: Dan Knight <dknight_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:30:19 -0400

We're expecting Apple to announce and possibly make available the Mac OS X public beta next week. We're setting up X-List in anticipation of that event.

This list is specifically for Mac OS X, not Mac OS X Server, which (despite the name) is really a completely different product.

At this point, Apple says OS X will run on all Apple computers that shipped from the factory with a G3 or G4 processor. Support for older processors or older computers with G3 or G4 upgrades may not be officially supported, although Sonnet has announced that some of their upgrades (G3/G4 PCI daughter cards and ZIF upgrades) will work with OS X.

If you'd like to join the list, send email to <get-x-list_at_email.domain.hidden>. For the first few days, it will not be necessary to confirm your subscription. I don't expect much list traffic until Macworld Expo next week.

Dan Knight                            dknight_at_email.domain.hidden
  publisher, Low End Mac             <http://lowendmac.com/>

  Macintosh: about 60 known viruses
  Windows: way over 20,000 known viruses   Your call....