Moving all LEM elists to MacLists

From: Dan Knight <dknight_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:27:47 -0400

Over the course of the next week I will be moving 16 Low End Mac elists to MacLists. (Mac2Mac is being discontinued. MacInSchool and LowEndMac are being added.) The primary reason is the consistently troublesome Internet access available through AT&T @Home cable service. I want these lists running reliably. They can't with an unreliable Internet connection.

There are some advantages to moving to MacLists, including:

I will be finalizing the move next week Wednesday, so you have one week to sign up for the list(s) of our choice. The process is quite simple.

To subscribe, send email to listname_at_email.domain.hidden, choosing the correct "listname" from the following list:

  1st-powermacs     pre-PCI Power Macs
  apple2list        Apple II
  compact.macs      Compact Macs
  g-list            G3/G4/Cube
* imac-list         iMacs
  lisalist          Lisa
  lowendmac         general interest Mac list
  mac-canada        formerly Mac-Can
  macinschool       back from the dead
  macnetwork        formerly Mac-Net
  mac.webmasters    Mac Webmasters
* max-list          Unix/Linux/BSD on Macs
  outback.mac       for Australians & New Zealanders
  pci-powermacs     pre-G3 PCI Power Macs
  quadlist          68040-based Macs
  supermacs         Umax SuperMacs
  vintage.macs      pre-68040 Macs
  x-list            Mac OS X

Postings will be sent to <listname_at_email.domain.hidden>

To switch to single messages, send email to <listname-feed_at_email.domain.hidden>

To switch to digest mode, send email to <listname-digest_at_email.domain.hidden>

To receive just the digest index, send email to <listname-index_at_email.domain.hidden>

To get off the list, send email to <listname-off_at_email.domain.hidden>

You can also use the Web interface to set up a personal account with MacLaunch, then join lists, change mode, etc.

All in all, I think you'll appreciate the change. Just remember: plain text only.

Dan the listmom

Dan Knight                            dknight_at_email.domain.hidden
  publisher, Low End Mac             <http://lowendmac.com/>

  Macintosh: about 60 known viruses
  Windows: way over 20,000 known viruses   Your call....