Re: Lisas in UK/Europe?

From: <TheSteve04_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 12:50:24 EDT

In a message dated 8/1/00 4:50:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, nique88_at_email.domain.hidden writes:

<< Hey there Lisa people,

 Can anyone confirm that the Lisas were ever released in the UK/Europe - or  is my quest for one doomed to remain fruitless??

 Anyone know a source in the UK/Europe if they were released here?

 Also what are the URLs for some good Lisa sites?

 Cheers the now,
 Take care,
 BiG G.

Well, I don't have very good news for you. I found a site once where a guy in the UK spent 10 years finding a Lisa. It took me 2.5 years to find mine, and I live in the US! In fact, I just got it a few weeks ago. My recommendation to find a Lisa is to go on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/), because people usually sell Lisas there. Use Escrow.com to negotiate the deal so you don't get gypped. Also, Sun Remarketing (http://www.sunrem.com/) sells a Lisa 2 (no HD) for 600 US Dollars! Ouch! Also, post messages and read messages on Usenet, they are a good source. In the range of money, don't think to spend any less than 300 US Dollars or 200 Pounds for the Lisa. As for Lisa sites, try http://lisa.sunder.net/, which is a Lisa emulator, but also has a great set of links, and Lisa documentation. Hope this helps! -Steve S.
thesteve04_at_email.domain.hidden