Power supplies

From: Adrian Graham <agraham_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:51:06 +0000

> From: Jim Carroll <jcarroll_at_email.domain.hidden>
> Subject: Sleeping Lisa
> Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:24:12 -0800
>
> My Lisa died a few years back and I recently attempted to
> revive her. I
> thought I had a bad power supply but just acquired a new one
> but I still get
> no power. I thought I read somewhere if your Lisa is not

Hi Jim,

Wherever you got your spare PSU from - did they have any more? I've been after one for months......

cheers

adrian, slightly frustrated dead lisa owner and now even more frustrated since the parcel I'd been waiting for since July turned up last week minus the very video card I needed....:o(( Dammit! Still, I now have 2 screens.....

Actually, I don't think I've described my tail of woe on LisaList.....waaaay back in around may time, before I discovered a vanilla Lisa 2 won't run LisaOS and my ProFile hadn't arrived I was installing Mac Plus when the screen went dim then popped off like I'd hit the power button. I powered off and left it for a while; when I came back things were fine. Shortly after I'd taken the pix on the museum site the screen popped off again.......I knew Lisa was still running since I could plug in an external monitor and sort of see the screen display. When my profile arrived I started formatting and installing LisaOS (I'd also got an extra half meg by this time) and when the screen went off this time it wouldn't come back on.

So far I've been told it's either the power supply or video card.....anyone got any more clues or seen this before?

adrian
www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - the Online Computer Museum

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>

Shop buy.com and save. <http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/ stat?id=O7sajHhUCjc&offerid=13541.10000001&type=1&subid=0>