April Fools on the Web

From: Dan Knight <dknight_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:28:32 -0400

Maybe it's just because April Fools falls on a Sunday this year, but I'm, disappointed to find very little April foolery on the Mac Web.

It's been an annual tradition for us: Low End PC two years ago (included links for Apple II, Commodore, Atari, early DOS machines, etc.), Low End Win last year, and High End Mac today. Be sure to see how we're celebrating at <http://lowendmac.com/high/>

We've got a link to Marc Shrier's piece on overclocking a Mac Plus to 1 GHz, as well as the beige iMac on the Mac Evangelist site.

PBsource.com also has a neat page up, although we're not quite sure just how to classify it.

Slashdot -- now there's a site that understands April Fools Day. They have articles covering things like a 100% compression scheme and whether destroying Alderon makes Star Wars (the original one) the most violent movie in history.

Stop by High End Mac while it lasts. It's nice to have one day each year when we're expected to take things a bit less seriously. :-)

Dan Knight, publisher, Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/>

  In a world without walls or fences, who needs gates and windows?