Shameless site promotion

From: Dan Knight <dan_knight_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:30:42 -0400

I love Macs. You love Macs. But 95% of the world uses something else, usually Windows -- and too often not even as a conscious choice vs. the Mac.

In an effort to help those people get the most out of their PCs, we've launched Low End PC as a "sister site" to Low End Mac. PC users tell me there's really nothing like LEM for the Wintel world, so we'll see where it goes.

Low End PC is a bit different from Low End Mac. There's no way we can offer profiles of all the PCs made, so we won't even try. We'll be offering upgrade advice (like "try Linux) and have writers familiar with Windows, Linux, and BeOS. We're trying to be OS agnostic while clearly facing the problems with Windows and Microsoft. And we won't allow any Mac bashing.

If you're a part-time PC user or know PC users who might find such a site helpful, please refer them to <http://lowendpc.com/>. It may help them become better computer users.

For the record, I'm not switching. I don't own a PC, don't have Virtual PC on my TiBook, and don't expect to do much on that side of the world ever. I'm mostly using my skills as an editor and publisher to try to give the huge number of PC users the same kind of resource Mac users have had for the past four years.

Dan the listmom

Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.

  publisher, Low End Mac                <http://lowendmac.com/>
  publisher, Low End PC                  <http://lowendpc.com/>
  publisher, Digital-Views.com      <http://digital-views.com/>
  publisher, Digigraphica            <http://digigraphica.com/>

I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization. - Petronius