Re: Dead Lisa Monitor?

From: Scharpf Thomas <thomas_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 21:04:29 +0200

Hi Alex,

if I read your explanations - and understand that right - I can fist only say one thing. Don't panic you can kill a Lisa by connecting the Monitor-Out to a TV. The error is perhaps an unfortunate accident. To solve your little problem, you will have to tell us a few more details and do some little technical works. Besite of that you can reduce the sources for this defect by trying to change the whole Hardware-Rack with the one from your second Lisa (all 4 platines in the black frame, when you open the cover at the reverse of your Lisa). If it still works again, then it is probably the I/O Board. If not there could be a lot of connecting problems, usually the approx 7 inch long black plastic plug, where this rack fits in. Or the video board inside the Lisa, you can see, when you open the top cover, or the flyback transformer, or the tube itself. If you don't mind, try to exchange the power supply, too, sometimes they got damaged from one day to another.

Thomas from Bavaria - with the bad english