Notes from Low End Mac

From: Dan Knight <listmom_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:39:13 -0400

Hello, subscribers.

It's July, and we'll soon begin work on a whole new setup for handling the email lists. No more unexpected "did you really want to unsubscribe" notices. A single full archive instead of two different ones. A web-based front end for managing your subscription. It's going to be a big project and make things a lot better.

For the record, we don't run the current list server; maclaunch.com does. We have no control over the blacklist or many of the bounce messages. We will have full control over every aspect of the lists when we move to our new setup later this summer.

We've just launched our new headline news service, Apple Quicklinks <http://applequicklinks.com/>, this morning. We hope to grow it to the point where it will rival MacSurfer.

If you're interested in digital photography, I finally completed an article on picking the right digicam and posted it on Digigraphica over the weekend. <http://digigraphica.com/pick/digital.html>

Site finances continue to be well below budget. We've posted our plea for support on Low End Mac today and remind those on the list that there is a completely voluntary $1 per list per year suggested donation. If sending funds via PayPal, please reference webmaster_at_lowendmac.com.

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.

<http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>
<http://digital-views.com> <http://digigraphica.com>
<http://lowendpc.com> <http://reformed.net>
I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization. -- Petronius -- LisaList is sponsored by <http://lowendmac.com/> and... Shop buy.com and save. <http://lowendmac.com/ad/buy.com.html> Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html> LisaList info: <http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html> Send list messages to: <mailto:lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden> To unsubscribe, email: <mailto:lisalist-off_at_email.domain.hidden> For digest mode, email: <mailto:lisalist-digest_at_email.domain.hidden> Subscription questions: <mailto:listmom_at_email.domain.hidden> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/lisalist%40mail.maclaunch.com/> Using a Macintosh? Get free email and more at Applelinks! <http://www.applelinks.com>