Note from Mom

From: Dan Knight <listmom_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:59:47 -0400

As noted in the FAQ, you can only post from, change mode using, and unsubscribe with the exact email address you used to subscribe. We also send out an automated email stating this when you subscribe.

If you are having subscription problems -- and as often as not the current mail server seems to botch things -- do the following:

  1. Address your email to listmom_at_email.domain.hidden, not to any other address. Do not post your request to the list.
  2. Be sure to mention the name of the list(s) you're on. With the current list management program, I have no way of telling without checking all 30-some lists -- and I don't have the time to do that.
  3. Let me know exactly what address you are subscribed with. That's the address the postings or digest are being sent to.
  5. If I have to email you with questions, be sure to send all of the above information with your reply. I get hundreds of emails daily and dozens just to the listmom address. I will not remember the details -- make it easy so I don't have to ask for the details and wait for yet another email exchange.

Things are moving very slowly on creating our own email program. I'm haven't been working at Low End Mac full-time in a year, and I've increased my hours at the camera shop to help offset the continuing drop in income from lowendmac.com. I've also got a second half-time job starting sometime in October, so we need to handle things efficiently.

Also a reminder that we are offering lemlists.com email addresses to list subscribers for just $5 per year. Details at <http://lemlists.com/email/index.php>

Dan the listmom

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.

<http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>
<http://digital-views.com> <http://digigraphica.com>
<http://lowendpc.com> <http://reformed.net>
Every day is payday in a labor of love. -- LisaList is sponsored by <http://lowendmac.com/> and... Shop buy.com and save. <http://lowendmac.com/ad/buy.com.html> Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html> LisaList info: <http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html> Send list messages to: <mailto:lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden> To unsubscribe, email: <mailto:lisalist-off_at_email.domain.hidden> For digest mode, email: <mailto:lisalist-digest_at_email.domain.hidden> Subscription questions: <mailto:listmom_at_email.domain.hidden> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/lisalist%40mail.maclaunch.com/> Using a Macintosh? Get free email and more at Applelinks! <http://www.applelinks.com>