Mom on confirmation requests, SpamCop, servers

From: Dan Knight <listmom_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 06:26:20 -0500

This is my monthly reminder that the list server at maclaunch.com remains screwed up and often sends out spurious confirmation messages. There is nothing we can do about this at present.

Please don't send me email asking about it. I can't fix it. I can't.

We are also having some problems with the lemlists.com domain, which we had set up to handle the mailing lists. Without our knowledge or permission, the people running the server have begun using SpamCop to filter incoming email. We find this unacceptable, as people we do business with are now unable to contact us via email. We are looking into alternate hosting solutions for our domains.

For most of our domains, we have a huge variety of hosting options at $10/month or so, but we want to be able to offer low-cost email accounts on lemlists.com -- and email plus Web/file storage space on lowendmac.net. If any of you can suggest a good hosting service that will let us sell email addresses at reasonable annual rates, sell online space to users, etc., I'd be happy to hear more -- please reply to mom_at_lemlists.com. (If that doesn't work due to SpamCop, try dan_knight_at_mac.com.)

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

Microsoft is to software as McDonald's is to beef.