Re: I Want A Lisa

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:11:04 -0400

>I've noticed that a lot of the Lisa's on eBay are running MacWorks
>plus and that Lisa's that run the original Lisa OS and applications
>bring more $. Some day I have to drag my dual boot Lisa from the
>closet and get it going again

        I tried swapping the boot ROMs and video state ROM from the XL back to the original Lisa configuration, as well as removed the XL screenkit coil from the CRT yoke, and have never gotten mine to function correctly as a normal Lisa. It started life as a Lisa 2/5. It does work great with the Sun Rem. SCSI card as an XL though with System 6.0.2. It's just as well I guess since my 5MB Profile no longer comes to the 'Ready' state. I do still have the original Lisa Office diskettes in case I do manage to get it going as normal Lisa again though.

        Jeff

--
                           Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File
                                         http://www.cchaven.com