Sony micro disk question ..

From: Stephen M. Jones <smj_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:04:12 -0500 (CDT)

I found LisaOS 3.1 images and wanted to use my quadra with disk copy to write them out. But I wasn't sure that the disk drive in the Lisa was functioning (it wouldn't accept a disk) .. instead of trying to jam a disk in, I took the drive out and found that the mechanism on the right side of the drive (if you're looking at the front of it) was not well lubricated.. so I used a little WD40 and a towel and dabbed each point and inserted a floppy, then manually ejected it a few times.. it seemed to be working great. So I plugged in the floppy and booted the machine and watched the head mechanism move forward and not stop .. it continued to click in place whether a disk was inserted or not.

Has anyone ever seen this? I checked for any possible unplugged connectors on the drive itself, but they all look good.