Re: Floppy fixed! Boots, but disk problem ...

From: Scharpf Thomas <thomas_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:06:20 +0200

Hi Stephen,

> The advice that solved my floppy drive issue:
>
> ...only your sensor is out of order. Unplug it at CN103 and try again, or take
> a look, whether the sensor is full of dust or grease, or there's a shortcut...

Gratulations to you. You've done a perfect repair !

You see: No Apple or Mac, or no part of such a vintage computer is as badly damaged, that you have to throw it away and replace it with an non-original part ! There are already too much of those not really perfect "repaired" Macs around the world. e.g. I have seen an vintage Apple III with a replaced Apple IIe Board long time ago, which was sold as a working Apple III. Wow ! Grrrrrr

To all others, who can't await my instructions for reconfiguration by soldering a 1,44 MB floppy drive in a way, so one can use it in a Lisa: I think this would no longer be necessary, or would it?

Hehe; Joking!

Of course I will type in all that information. Just give me a few hours time to do so.

Tom from Bavaria, who uses the perfect sunny afternoon now better for a bike-tour, than sitting in front of a computer and type some mails :-)