Hello and first dumb question...

From: Geoff Barrall <geoffbarrall_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:04:31 -0700

Hello to everybody on the list. I've got a really easy question to kick things off.....

I'm looking to construct a Lisa from defective ones. I'm a fairly competent engineering and feel up to the task of debugging any circuitry.
Two areas worry me. One is the display for which there seem to be few spares and the other is the external hard drive. I'm hoping I can find a working screen.

One thing that's not clear to me if whether the Lisa needs a hard drive to boot or can you boot and run the OS and applications from floppy disks?

Many thanks in advance for any help and to the veterans on this list please forgive the simple question.

Geoff