Re: New owner needs help

From: Adam Vaughn <AdamAnt316_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:24:07 +0000

The hard drive used in my Lisa is indeed not of the ProFile or Widget type. It is a 3.5" disk, made by Miniscribe, which uses two card-edge connectors on the end (otherwise known as MFM, if I remember correctly). The only place I've seen these drives have been on the hard-cards which are sometimes seen in older computers unable to support a hard drive installation otherwise. I may have a replacement hard drive of the same size and connection style on the way, but unfortunately, I don't have any software which I could put on it. I'll take some pictures of the controller and drive once I can get the drive cage out (the knob is on there pretty tightly at the moment). -Adam
--
Adam Vaughn
Collector of old computers, video game systems, radios and other electronic

-- LisaList is sponsored by <http://lowendmac.com/> and... Shop buy.com and save. <http://lowendmac.com/ad/buy.com.html> Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html> LisaList info: <http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html> --> AOL users, remove "mailto:" Send list messages to: <mailto:lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden> To unsubscribe, email: <mailto:lisalist-off_at_email.domain.hidden> For digest mode, email: <mailto:lisalist-digest_at_email.domain.hidden> Subscription questions: <mailto:listmom_at_email.domain.hidden> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/lisalist%40mail.maclaunch.com/> iPod Accessories for Less at 1-800-iPOD.COM Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal www.1800ipod.com