Original Mac Portable disposal

From: Nord, Al <Norda_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:36:06 -0500

At the end of last school year in June of this year I had a call from a teacher who offered me 40+ working old Mac portables for free if I hauled them away. Where could I store 40+ of these vintage computers and what would I do with them ? I had to decline his offer and he told me they were going to the landfill. He was keeping the Apple black carrying cases to use for storing other stuff in his classroom. Those black carrying cases are rare enough by themselves.   In 2005 hearing about a classroom still using the Mac Portable is surprising. He had the Apple portable batterys modified by removing the lead acid cells and replacing them with rechargable cells by a local battery dealer. Some had memory upgrades and all had their modems installed. His classroom was being converted to IBM Windoze laptops. I bet his students just love Windoze XP.
                 Al