Widget can't keep up !

From: mike sherry <macse30_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:23:07 +0100

Hello there,

 I have a Macintosh XL ( I think !) that I am trying to restore, the internal 10MB Widget drive comes up with Error 85 during power up. Searching around a bit a found the error codes list in the Sun Rem document, this claims that error 85 mean the 'drive cannot keep up'. No further details are given and no suggestion for a fix.

 Does this mean it is spinning too slowly ?

 Also on an unrelated note, I notice that the floppy drive has a data connection going into it, but no power lead. Is this ok, is the data lead actually data and power combined or do you think I am missing a bit ?

 Many thanks for any advice you can offer