Re: Question about 1 vs 2

From: Adam Vaughn <AdamAnt316_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:50:46 +0000

I figured it was probably converted by Sun Remarketing, but I thought the ones they did were called Mac XLs as well. The floppy drive is an 800K type. The hard drive inside is a real oddball; the card which connects to the external parallel port is an MFM controller, which runs a Microscribe 3.5" MFM hard drive. This drive actually stopped spinning up on me before, but miraculously started working again after being left alone for several months (knock on wood). The internal ROM is 3A, which is Sun's pixel-correcting MacWorks ROM IIRC. One question: how would I go about hooking a Imagewriter II to one of the serial ports this computer? I have a cable which has a 25-pin D-sub connector on one end, and an 8-pin mini-DIN serial-type connector on the other, but I'm not sure if it'd do the trick. -Adam
--
Adam Vaughn
Collector of old computers, video game systems, radios and other electronic

-- LisaList is sponsored by <http://lowendmac.com/> and... Shop buy.com and save. <http://lowendmac.com/ad/buy.com.html> Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html> LisaList info: <http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html> --> AOL users, remove "mailto:" Send list messages to: <mailto:lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden> To unsubscribe, email: <mailto:lisalist-off_at_email.domain.hidden> For digest mode, email: <mailto:lisalist-digest_at_email.domain.hidden> Subscription questions: <mailto:listmom_at_email.domain.hidden> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/lisalist%40mail.maclaunch.com/> iPod Accessories for Less at 1-800-iPOD.COM Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal www.1800ipod.com