Re: Question about 1 vs 2

From: Philip Lord <philip_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:19:12 +0900

Thanks for everyones replies. I now have a much better idea of what I need to try.

Like Adams Lisa, mine also has what looks like a Sun Rem 20 meg HD installed internally with a cable threaded through the lisa and out the back, then plugging into the parallel port.

When this cable is plugged in I get the error 57. When this cable is unplugged I don't get the error, and the lisa continues on until the 'Missing keyboard prompt. (keyboard + mouse were sent later and should be here soon).

Can I boot from a floppy without a keyboard and mouse???

'If' the floppy works then I can assume the Sun Rem HD, or HD controller card is bad. Would I be correct?

Jerry mentioned that the mouse is a M0100, which from memory is the same as the Mac 128/512k's mouse. However the connector on the back of the lisa does not look like the connector on the original Macs...but my memory could be fading.

On the occasions when the power supply works, the monitor will occasionally shift of flicker very slightly, this movement seems rhythmically timed with a quiet hissing noise from the PSU. I'm waiting for a 1.8 amp PSU to arrive soon.

Thanks again...will keep you all informed as to progress.

Phil