Re: Lisa 2/5 Profiles crash - ProFile formatting

From: Shirl <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:42:41 -0600

Hello Helmut,

> There is no book or service web site as far as I know.

You are correct that you need an Apple III and a special ProFile controller board processor to format a ProFile hard drive. The same applies also to the Widget drive in the Lisa.

There is service information available to do this process. Apple produced a Level II repair document for the ProFile which talks about this in conjunction with a special ProFile debugger program. I have this document and should scan it so others can learn about this process. I have a notebook with lots of internal ProFile materials from Apple that has around 500+ pages.