Re: Lisa keeps shutting itself off

From: James MacPhail <uo957_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 04:11:42 -0700

Although the suggested hardware causes are also plausible to me, I think this still sounds like the MW+ shutdown bug (or some variant of it)...

  1. Did you get all three MW+ 1.0.18 patches applied and installed without any problems, questions, or mysteries?
  2. The machine does not shut itself off by itself unless it is in the process of sending data to the printer, correct?
  3. As an experiment, try printing with the printer connected to the other serial port and let us know if that makes a difference.

HTH, James

>I changed the dimming time from 2 minutes to 30 minutes. I then tried
>printing out the two-page document during which the unit had been shutting
>down. I managed to print two copies, as well as a couple of aborted
>printings. On the approx. fifth attempt, I started the print job, then
>about a minute later, the unit shut itself off (I didn't spot an error
>message before it kicked out). So much for the screen dimming hypothesis.
>Any ideas?

James MacPhail                   "Think not of engineering as art,
uo957_at_email.domain.hidden                 but of art as engineering"
Sigma Seven Systems Ltd.
james_at_email.domain.hidden        <http://SigmaSevenSystems.com>