Re: Taking apart Lisa - cleaning

From: Chris Riedl <zap_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:28:25 -0500

    I certainly understand about the necessity to replace all old capacitors. I have restored equipment much older than the Lisa in the past. This was something I was planning on doing very soon, not to mention keeping the Lisa from being used in the meantime. I was just making the statement that I believed that the previous problem had been fixed in the past, and that the power supply isn't missing any parts.

    On this note, does anyone think capacitors could be the problem with my Widget? I suppose this could be the case, although I am guessing it is something more complicated. Does anyone have a compiled list of capacitors needed to do a full recap of Lisa, or is that something that hasn't been documented? I may as well make a list for those interested in doing so in the future, if there isn't one yet.

    Also, can anyone direct me to a source for the missing feet pads that Philip told me about in his reply? I really don't like the Lisa rocking back and forth, and if they are similar to the pads used on the keyboard, I would presume there would be a source for them somewhere, as they were probably bought "off the shelf" rather than custom made for the Lisa project.

-Chris