More about the Widget Problem

From: Chris Riedl <zap_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:02:42 -0500

    I've got an update regarding the problem with my Lisa's Widget. It appears that if the drive is disconnected, the system will go straight to the boot process, but when connected, the system hangs at the rectangular screen with the hourglass for some time before it attempts to boot from the floppy. Usually, no error message was received, it just didn't even show the Widget as available to boot to.

    After a few power off and on cycles, the Widget gave an 81 error code... so I pulled it apart and adjusted the brake. The next time it booted, it gave an 82 error code. However, it still is intermittant in its appearance to the system. It repeatedly gave the same error if I hit continue, but the next power cycle, it just hangs at the hourglass screen for a while and then asks to insert a floppy (appears if no HD is present again).

Any suggestions or things I should check? I figure if there is a Widget problem, it would be much easier to troubleshoot if I can get it talking all the time.

Thanks
-Chris