Re: She Lives!! Widget is running!

From: macmoni <macmoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:13:22 +0100

Hi Chris,

congratulation !

> What are normal Widget sounds?
In general very loud, compared to the nowadays hf-drives :-)
> ...if an occasional chirp-like sound (rapid movement of R/W head
> motors?) is normal.
Yes, that's "normal". I also have that sound on my drives. Approximately once to twice each 5 minutes, if I remember. But lasting only approx 0.5 seconds.
> How long do things like the calculator, for instance, take to be
> loaded?
If you think of the Calculator from Mac OS running as emulation on a Lisa, the application will last less than 2 seconds and it appears on the screen, when loaded from the widget with my Lisa.
> I've never had the pleasure of working with a Lisa before, so I don't
> know what to expect.
Treat the old Lady with respect and she will honour that - with respect :-)

greetings TOM from Bavaria