Re: Lisa doesn't power on - power lights up for 1sec, speakerclicks, then off.

From: macmoni <macmoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:37:13 +0100

Hi Ray,

it's very very very unlikely that the error you described is caused by a dead CRT or a non working video-board.

BUT be aware of high voltage, if you will do the following test, to reduce the counts of possible error causes:

Since the Lisa still fires up with a unplugged video board, you can try to remove the two screws of that board and unplug it from the socket. You don't need to remove the plugs to the coils on the crt and or the crt itself, nor to the flyback below the video board. Then you can push the start button to try, whether you can hear more than a click and whether the power light still remains.

But if you ask me, your problem seems to be an overvoltage or overcurrent of the PSU. Either caused internally by a dead diode (very very likely!!!) or an external shortcut on a board. If I remember right, you wrote something about a "melted" component on a board ? That's very strange....

TOM from Bavaria