Re: Lisa doesn't power on - power lights up for 1sec, speakerclicks, then off.

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:53:57 -0500

So,

I did try some more shuffling of cards on this Lisa, but no luck yet.

I do have a dead 1.2A power supply - swapping it out for the 1.8A no longer lights up the power switch light when I press it, *BUT* I can measure +5V on the COPS chip from both power supplies, and since I do have the schematic for the 1.2A power supply, perhaps I can repair it. That's no assurance that the 1.8A is functional, but it's less broken (if it is the culprit) than the 1.2A. I'm going to take the 1.2A apart and see if I can catalog the capacitors in order to replace them.

I was able to more easily remove the cards out of the card cage today, as the boards acclimated. The CPU board is less warped, and I noticed that the brown clip was a bit bent, so I straightened it out and managed to get it in a lot easier. I did also wipe all the card edge connectors and blew out any dust.

I did try another motherboard, and got the same effect - lights up the power switch lamp for 1/2 a second, clicks the speaker and nothing, so perhaps it's something else - I/O board was working, perhaps it still is, perhaps it isn't, but maybe some other thing is broken - hope it's not the CRT or video board.