Help with a dead PSU?

From: Mike <michael.sherry_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:26:10 +0000

Hi there, what with the spirit of the new year etc, I decided to have another crack at my dead Lisa. First off I put the power supply into another Lisa, which also failed to boot, so logic would seem to suggest the PSU ;-)

Took the top off expecting to see capacitor leakage, but , i really can't see anything that looks too bad. Have a look at : http://homepage.mac.com/juddamac/PhotoAlbum1.html

I have a mulitmeter, a soldering iron and a will to succeed, but not much of a clue where to start, any suggestion on the most likely comonents to cause a problem ? (checked the fuse !)

Also this Power supply is nothing like my functioning 1.8amp supply. I suppose it must be the 1.2amp variety but the label says 220-240v 50hz .7A 150W. .7A ???

Many thanks
Mike