Re: Got a Lisa! Now I need to get it running.

From: NateSpin <nspinler_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 23:21:37 -0700

Thanks for the reply. That website will come in very handy! I have taken the keyboard apart and cleaned it, it was actually pretty clean with just a few traces of dust. In fact who ever had this Lisa, and I think it was just 1 owner as some of the paperwork goes back to the late 80s, kept it pretty clean, as I opened it up and found it almost dustless, much unlike the Mac Classic I picked up. I have found that the internal HD has what appears to be Lisa Workshop installed on it (not a GUI environment). I also found that I can hold down Command-2 on startup and get some boot options. It appears to let me boot from floppy, internal HD or external (profile) HD. Unfortunately, the floppy drive doesn't appear to be working and booting from the external ends up producing a system fault. That is a bummer, since until I can get the floppy working, I cannot boot the MacWorks Plus Floppies.

Are both the internal and external HDs referred to as widget HDs? I'll have to get back to you on 'selling' after I have had a chance to really see what I have.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2007-08-19 04:46:30