Re: uniplus disks imaged

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:32:53 -0500

Andrew Warkentin wrote:

> The installation gets a little bit further in IDLE. The copy appears to
> succeed, although the boot loader prints "sninit: no drive connected
> (0x0)". The kernel boots (in LisaEm, the emulator just segfaults), but
> it appears to hang before reaching userland, at the same place where it
> hung on the real Lisa. Maybe the init binary is corrupted? It isn't
> necessarily crashing for the same reason, though; maybe the kernel isn't
> able to mount the root FS, because it is also printing the "no drive
> connected" messages.
>
> BTW, have you gotten Xenix to boot in LisaEm yet?

With the next version which isn't yet released and I don't have a release date for just yet (1.3.0), yes, Xenix comes up. At this time, it boots off the Xenix floppy, but cannot properly talk to the Profile hard drive.
So it has the similar issues to UniPlus.

The reason for the no-release-date-yet is because I've optimized a little bit too much in the CPU core and now it hangs. :-) So if I manage to fix it, it'll probably be a little bit faster on some machines.

The last released Lisaem (1.2.6) cannot run Xenix at all.

The crashes you see are indeed due to an illegal instruction - at least in LisaEm, it encounters an undefined IIB.

Do you have at least 1MB in your real Lisa? I understand that's a requirement for uniplus.

It may well be that the bins aren't quite right on these disks, they did image properly so at least if there is corruption, it's not anything that the disk drive noticed. (Made the images successfully with Disk Copy 4.2 - if there were physical data errors on the media, it would have aborted.)

Hopefully, it's something that's recoverable.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2008-02-23 05:48:06