Re: Anybody got a non-working Lisa (1) to dump?

From: tommoni <tommoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:21:43 +0200

Hi David!

nice to hear from you :-)

Hey, that's right. The XEROX Star! Sorry I forgot. I think I must have been on another planet that time ;-) Personally I know nobody here in Europe, who owned or still ownes a Star. My knowledge: The company sold that computer in Germany, I believe they named it Xerox Office System, but I'm not quite shure about.

I saw the original system a few years ago, when I visited a guy, who has a huge collection and he fired it up to let me "work" and "play" with the computer. I remember the function-keys for print and copy, which seems funny and extraordinaire to me... This (european) version I saw, had a terminal-keyboard and a two- button mouse

by the way: Koenig Ludwig was the last bavarian King, not a "simply" Graf, but that could be a mistake caused by babelfish, I guess you visited his castle New Schwanstein a few decades ago. If I remember, you were in Wuerzburg that time, or did I mix that with someone elses biography

greetings TOM from Bavaria, the center of europe, the marvellous castles of Koenig Ludwig e.g. Neuschwanstein and last but not least the original Oktoberfest, which starts in a few weeks!

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2008-07-31 23:35:31