Re: Lisa keyboard needed, and VintageMicros

From: Adam Rosen <adam_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 02:38:03 -0400

Thanks Peter, I'll check out crazedlist.org, Looks useful, I've been searching many cities individually.

Several list readers have mentioned John Woodall at VintageMicros on eBay. I am aware of his current and previous listings. Complete Lisa systems (working and/or not) often sell on eBay for around $300. As such the economics of selling just the keyboard for $279 don't make sense. I know parts cost more purchased individually than as part of a system, but within reason! This item is being sought for the Vintage Mac Museum, a personal Mac collection running on limited funds.

http://www.vintagemacmuseum.com

<rant on>
I contacted John some months ago about some broken keyboards he had listed, and asked if he had any price flexibility. I received a curt response telling me to go elsewhere if I didn't like what he was asking. A bit miffed, I complained. That resulted in several extremely unprofessional responses from John, who has no sympathy for the (apparently) hundreds of people a day who ask him for price breaks. He wants to ban me from ever bidding on his items, and he suggested I post of my experience in a "losergroup" (his term - something such as this list, I presume) to get sympathy.

I'm not looking for sympathy, and I have resisted posting this experience publicly until now because John is a valued resource in this field, is known to many people on this list, and I'm sure has helped many of you out. Thus his name and company understandably keep getting suggested. However by mutual agreement, he and I will not be doing business together.
<rant off>

Caveat Emptor, I suppose. Especially when dealing with Professional eBay Sellers. And so, I'm still looking for a keyboard...

Adam

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2009-09-28 08:58:51