Re: Lisa 2: Bad Disk Drive

From: Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:45:14 +0100

Le 20 nov. 05, ˆ 12:42, James MacPhail a Žcrit :

>> *but* despite all my effort, the diske drive remain not functionnal.
>> It
>> make some noise at startup, like if head are blocked... I will try
>> again to dismantle it and grease everywhere again... May be somebody
>> have a spare diske drive ? Or Macintosh drive may work ?
>
> The 400K drive is the same as in the 128K and 512K Macintosh, so if you
> have one of those (and it sounds like you do), you could connect it to
> see
> if it works.
Yes, I have a 128 and a 512k macintosh. Do you think that a 800k drive from a Mac Plus -less value than the 128 or 512 ;)- will work, at least as a 400 k drive ?

> Other than the sticky grease problem, check to see if the pressure pad
> is
> still on the drive. It is a small felt pad opposite the read/write
> head,
> when a disk is inserted, it is the thing that holds the magnetic disk
> against the head.

I saw the presure Pad, seems to be OK.

In fact, the drive don't spin, or try to spin then go off, and Lisa eject the disk with Error 23 or IO board error 39 (timeout).

This is done with both IO card.

Jerome