Re: Lisa won't stay off (was Lisa 2: Bad Disk Drive)

From: Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:51:06 +0100

Le 12 nov. 05, ˆ 00:33, James MacPhail a Žcrit :

> This was an aside to another problem, so it looks like it didn't get
> any
> attention:
>
>> when I switch the Lisa off, it goes off then on immediately.

> I have seen a couple of causes for this problem, ones that come to
> mind are:
>
> 1) Damaged (broken) traces on the I/O Board due to corrosion from
> leaking
> batteries.

After removing battery, and cleaning as much as I can the board, it's OK !

I also clean all socket.

Great !

More over, I test second second board (Cage, CPU, IO, 2 RAM Card and one // card) and it's working also :happy:.

This second board as a different ROM version (H/A8) athough the first one is D/A8. Is there any real differences ? Which one is better ?

When started with the H/A8 board, the Lisa will only ask to boot on drive 2, although it let choose Drive 1 (which does'nt exist ?) and Drive 2.

Both Profile start on MacOs.

*but* despite all my effort, the diske drive remain not functionnal. It make some noise at startup, like if head are blocked... I will try again to dismantle it and grease everywhere again... May be somebody have a spare diske drive ? Or Macintosh drive may work ?

Lisa is my best piece of old computers, far away from my other Apple pieces likes Apple II, macintosh 128.... What a beautiful thing !

Jerome