Re: Lisa Disk Drive

From: Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:59:14 +0100

macmoni a ˇcrit :
> Hi Jerome,
>
> you can use every MacIntosh Disk-Drive, e.g. the Sony F51W or F75W to
> replace the original OA D34V 3,5" Floppy Drive from Sony.
> Perhaps you have to add the Lisa Lite Card (depends on your Lisa).
The Lisa Lite Card is the little card in the disk cage ? The drive is connected to a little card, wich is itself connected to the mainboard.
> The only modifications are: Just pull PIN 9 and PIN 20 of the ribbon
> cable, when you use a 800k Mac Drive or the 1,44MB Mac Super Drive.

You say I really can use any 1.44 drive ? To 'pull PIN 9 and PIN 20' do I need to cut the ribon ? Remove the PIN from the disk ? Assuming that the red wire is '0', on the drive, where are PIN 9 and 20 ?

> So you can easily reduce your time of searching the cause for the
> Timeout-Error, by switching the complete Floppy-Drive.

I have plenty of 800k drive, but no 400k drive...

Jerome