Re: Lisa Disk Drive

From: Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:57:55 +0100

Le 26 fŽvr. 06, ˆ 20:46, macmoni a Žcrit :

> Hi Jerome,
>
> if the drive ejects the disks always, whether a disc is inserted or
> not, then you didn't cut the PIN 9 and PIN 20, that's all.
> You do not need to have some parts soldered out, just cut the cable or
> the wire on the board of the floppy

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that I had cut the right pin. take a look at my photo: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jerome.vernet/images/MP-F51Wb.jpg

I put in red what i had removed, and the track cutted under the red cross.

For the ribbon (20 wires), wire 1 is the red (colored, some time) and goes to the left on my picture. I count 9 wire, cut this one. I cut the last (20). Not working.

It sould have worked ! It's equal to cut on the ribbon or remove the pin or cut track from the pin.

So, I cut the track that goes to PIN 9 to a resistor -I ve checked that with un mutlivolter- then cut the 20th. Same thing...

perhaps the drive is also dead, so I will retry with another one (without killing anything on the drive itself).

I really need your grateful help, stay tuned !

Jerome