Re: Lisa 1 on Ebay

From: Andrew Warkentin <andreww591_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:01:27 -0700

travfar wrote:
> My Lisa 2 started life as a Lisa 1. It's an ex Apple Lisa. I bought
> it from an Apple employee about 15 years ago and he said it was one of
> the prototypes. It does have the Apple property sticker. The other
> thing that lends credence to his claim is one of the OSs. It came
> with 2 Profiles and one of them has, for the lack of a better
> description, a clone of MSDOS. It works fine except I've removed the
> dreaded suicide battery. I'm not selling it anytime soon, but I'm
> just curious what something like it would go for?

I have heard that there was a port of GEMDOS to the Lisa (GEMDOS is better known as the base for Atari TOS). I think that's probably what your Lisa is running. You should try to image the hard drive (and install floppies if you have them) if at all possible, since there are no images currently available (you probably have one of the last surviving copies).