Re: Troubleshooting X/Lisa RAM boards - first draft

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 17:34:10 -0700

With your data and Ian's it does appear that for the two board case, the words are in the order of MEM 2 then MEM 1, and I also had the row order backwards... swapping both of those, I think the pattern now agrees with your data, Ian's data (and enough of my data to make the exceptions suspect... due to my excitement I probably wrote down the wrong slot for a couple of the tests).

So with two boards, do you agree we have:

1 Board in MEM 2
E D C B X X X X

1 Board in MEM 1
B C D E X X X X

2 boards
- MEM 2 MEM 1
- E D C B B C D E

This would indicate Ian's board #3 needs a new chip at E6.

I think we have progress! Many thanks for your contribution of time and data.

James