Re: Profile Drive issues (of course)

From: Terry Stewart <terry_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 16:47:11 +1300

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for that very quick reply.

Yes, reseating, the checking of cables and voltages is always a good first step with these things and I did those before The voltages check out just fine,

Interestingly this board is specific Profile 10 MB controller (1984) so there is no piggyback on the Z8.

Interesting comment about the HAL sensor. On (rare) occasions the drive DOES'NT do it's self-check so I might have a look at that. It involves opening up the drive I guess. I see some large screws there at the top. Very tempting but I'll need to do some reading first for I know what I'm looking for. I do have the Apple Profile Repair journal. I just wish I had the software and Apple III to go with it! (-:

What does encourage me was that I did GET a boot (even if it's once in the blue moon) and so the media itself would seem to be ok. I suspect hardware

Terry (Tez).