Re: Corrosion abatement

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:24:55 -0500

Thanks for the excellent information, James. I am using whatever ESD protection my kitchen counter allows: laying down aluminum foil on my work surface, touching the chassis first, etc. Pittsburgh has been cold and dry of late, so the risk of static damage is elevated. I guess you never know until you power back up.

It would be a bit of a hardship to try and replace a COP421, so I hope my ministrations didn't harm it.

In the meantime, I am almost tempted to dike out D8 altogether and placard the charging circuit as inop. for future owners. I'll follow your recommended checks first in any case.

Thanks again,
--Tom