Re: [LisaEm] disk sizes, organization, and bugs. (was Re: [LisaEm]LisaCalc not working)

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 06:35:08 -0500

Hex Star wrote:
> I've used MacWorks XL 3.0 with a Finder 4 system disk
> successfully...btw, is there a installer for MacWorks that installs it
> to a profile or does it just boot off a floppy like the image I found
> does? Also how can you make MacWorks system disks for newer systems
> like system 6? thanks! :-)

Yes, there is a program called HD Install or something like that on the system disk that you can use. Later versions of MacWorks such as MacWorks II will work with upto System 7, but I'm unsure if they'll work with LisaEm. In that case, you're better off with vMac or Basillisk II. LisaEm's goal wasn't to run MacWorks, it's nice that it does. The main goal was to run the Lisa Office System. There are plenty of other classic Mac emulators out there that do.

> what would also be nice is to be able to choose between teh profile
> being just made as big as the size chosen or to have it start out big
> but grow as more stuff is installed to it like VMware/parallels does...

That can't be done with the DiskCopy 4.2 format.

> (and for choosing the size it'd be nice if it was a text box where you
> could type in a number instead of being limited to choosing from a
> menu or drop down menu...)...

That won't work as LOS is limited to exactly 5 or 10MB ProFile/Widget disks and will not recognize or use other sizes. It's possible to use other sizes in MacWorks, but not in LOS. This limitation is built in to the LOS drivers.

> keep up the great work! :D

Thanks. Received on 2007-02-05 06:35:09