Re: Found a place where you can download lisa images

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 08:54:17 -0400

megamanfan3 wrote:
> Thanks for the FTP site. I've downloaded some disk images required for
> MacWorks. Speaking of MacWorks, what do I need to download if I want
> to run Macintosh on LisaEm running the highest version of the Lisa
> Office System?

LisaEm can run MacWorks which remaps the Lisa's memory to look like that of a Mac's and also provides a modified copy of the Mac ROM with the hardware calls remapped to the Lisa's hardware. This allows you to run early Mac System software.

MacWorks needs two disks. The first is the MacWorks Boot diskette. You'd boot the Lisa (or LisaEm) from this disk. When it ejects the floppy, you'd insert the second disk named MacWorks System which is the OS disk.

If you're asking about the emulator, it requires disk images in either Disk Copy 4.2 or DART format, however it prefers Disk Copy 4.2 images. If you feed it a DART image, it will try to convert it to a Disk Copy 4.2.

Anything else will likely not work. For example Disk Copy 6.x images, or third party Disk images. In those cases, you'd have to restore those to a real floppy and re-image them with Disk Copy 4.2. Received on 2007-04-07 08:54:19