Re: LisaEm 1.0.0-RC2 Available for download

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:13:45 -0400

gilles wrote:
> Since my emulator doesn't have the LOS srcollbar problem, I suspect a
> 68000 bug in yours. To be more precise, I think something is wrong in
> the status register and/or the DCB opcodes.

It's not likely the BCD opcodes since LOS doesn't seem to execute any of those.

It's also unlikely to be one of the shift opcodes (ASL, LSL, ASR, ROL, ROR, etc.) as those were previously debugged against a 68040. I thought perhaps that this might be because of differences between the 040 and 000, but replacing the code for these from another 68K core doesn't fix the issue either.

It's also not the ROXL/ROXR opcodes, those don't get executed around the routines involved.

I see some adds and multiplies, but those execute ok, and nothing after them checks the status flags.

Looking through the trace logs, it seems that it stores/caches the display address for these, so I have to catch the bit of code that decides where to draw them, rather than the code that is drawing them, which looks ok.

Whatever it is, it's affecting the Desk menu as well, and I suspect some copy & pasting.

If I can't find it in a reasonable chunk of time, I'll have to merge a second CPU core and run them in parallel. Received on 2007-07-05 16:13:46