Re: Lisa Office install problem

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:18:10 -0400

On 04/13/2011 01:37 PM, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, gilles wrote:
>
> Very odd that MacWorksXL had no issues with the drive. I'm going to
> guess that the line carrying the parallel bus parity bit was not
> making connection and that the MacWorks ProFile device driver never
> checks it.

This is very plausible. I can absolutely confirm that I couldn't get LOS to recognize the profile until I added parity checking code to the profile emulation in LisaEm.

There is another thing I think I mentioned elsewhere about how profile drives have a spare table and if you go over some threshhold (I think 10), LOS will refuse to install on them. MacWorks might not have the same check. I don't think this applies in your case - as you say, if the parity line had something shorting it, it would cause your issue, and cleaning that short would fix it, so well done. Received on 2011-04-18 14:18:12