Re: Install MacWorks XL 3.0 on XProfile

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:37:33 -0400

Andreas_210 wrote:
> BTW:
>
> My Lisa had a kind of screen modification ...
>
> http://www.abload.de/img/lisa1xd8.jpg
>
> http://www.abload.de/img/lisa2uzt.jpg
>
> http://www.abload.de/img/lisa3nn7.jpg
>
> Does anyone knows something about that ?

That's probably either a ROM switcher or a video modification kit switcher, or both.

When you boot it up, does the ROM version change from say F or H to 3A? If so that modifies the screen to have square pixels, and if you use the 3A ROM, you won't be able to boot Lisa Office System.

The video modification kit makes several changes. One is to replace the ROM and the video state ROM, the other is to insert a transformer in the path of the video signal to the CRT.

Can I ask a small favor? May I use the photos you've posted in the LisaFAQ?

see: http://lisafaq.sunder.net/lisafaq-hw-rom_versions.html and:
http://folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Square_Dots.txt

and more importantly this: http://www.semaphorecorp.com/ss/ss23.html

which about 1/3rd down the page says the following, which is very likely what you have:

*Pixel Switch Available*

I've heard that Capitol Computer in Sacramento is selling a switch that lets you change the pixel aspect ratio on an XL back and forth between Lisa and Macintosh settings. Know anything about it? --- Ernie Bullock, Davis, CA

/The switch was invented by a former Capitol Computer employee who is now with Apple tech support. He sold the product rights to LisaVision of Redwood City, California, and that company has shipped about a hundred of the devices so far. The $79 circuit board and switch clip onto Lisa's video board and are intended for installation by dealers, but you can order it yourself by calling 800-538-8157 (use 800-672-3470 in California), extension 816. -Editors
/

/