Searching for an assembly guru

From: Natalia Portillo <claunia_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 23:15:16 +0100

Hi all,

Ray and I have tried to reverse engineer the DART compression format (miscalled LZW).

After several tries, the most promising implementation is what Ray already had in libdc42.c, yet, it is incorrect, overflowing the buffer in some conditions (very compressable data) generating garbage output on decompression.

Thankfully Apple has maintained the algorithm so there are several ways to reverse engineer their own code, in classic Mac OS as 68k and PowerPc code, or in Mac OS X as PowerPC, i386 and x86_64 code.

However, Ray lacks the time, and I lack the assembly knowledge, to do this feat.

That's while I'm searching for help, in someone with the abilities, to create a correct reverse engineering, that can be used in GPL/BSD code in C for Ray's libdc42 and C# for my DiscImageChef.

I'm asking in the LisaList because, basically, DART has been mostly used with Lisa disks, because of its tags support.

So if you have the knowledge, or know who may have it, please, give us our help.

Regards,
Natalia Portillo

P.S.: You don't need to have disassembling experience, I have already disassembled DiskCopy 6.1 and DiskImages.Framework.

You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist ---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. Received on 2017-04-18 10:27:07