Re: MacWorks Plus II bugs?

From: Diogenes45 <helmut_post_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 01:06:55 -0800 (PST)

On 4 Mrz., 22:15, James MacPhail <g..._at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:
> >Is it possible to set the date beyond the year 2001? If I try to set
> >the date to 2011, the year will be always set to 1995- only setting
> >the year to 2001 will work.
>
> >I have tried this under System 7.1. Under System 6.07 the year can
> >only be set to 1995- why that?
>
> >If I try system 7.5- how high can I go with the date?
>
> This problem is independent of the Macintosh System version.
>
> The Lisa's hardware includes a "real time clock" which has a range of
> only 16 years. Depending on the operating environment, year "0" of
> the clock corresponds to some particular year. In MW+II, I believe
> year 0 is 1988.
>
> So, the maximum date that works in MW+II is around 2003.
>
> I'd guess that your System 6 environment is using MacWorks Plus 1.x.
> and I suppose its year "0" is 1980, making the maximum 1995.

Will there be a new patched MW+II with a new reference year, supposed year "0" could be the year 2000?
Perhaps there should be the option to manually "set" the reference year, so no further patch should be necessary to set the correct date. BTW: the Dayna File SCSI dual Floppy works excellent with my Lisa MW +II- so I can directly use the 1.44MB Mac disks to install Mac OS 7.5 on my Lisa and I can even read, write and format 1.44 HD Mac disks. The interesting thing is: I can even format and write a special Mac 5 1/4 " format- somehow it remembers me to the Lisa 1 with Twiggy drives with this combination, especially from the "sound and look" experience.
The normal function of the 1.2MB HD 5 1/4" drive is the use of DOS formatted disks.
The only negative point is, that I can't boot from the DaynaFile disks.

Helmut