Re: Another help question. power supply

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:00:30 -0500

When I replaced the ones in my power supply I got them from Digikey. I'll look back and see if I still have the part numbers. A lot of the capacitors in the power supply are A/C, some are D/C, so you have to be sure you know which to get.

The ones I replaced were the the large cylinder ones that are of the same value, as well as a few of the orange square ones. You can tell when the orange square ones go bad because they have very thin crack lines going through them.

It's not very likely that the relay is a problem. It's more likely that the very large capacitors in the power supply and maybe some of the smaller ones are gone out of speck. The noise you hear is caused by the overvoltage crowbar. So in short, it's generating a voltage that's too high, so the that circuit kicks in to shut it off.

BTW: this info came from James MacPhail who helped me fix my power supply, so credit goes to him.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---